Paid Parking for on and off street spaces
In March 2020, Dartford Borough Council announced that parking charges in its paid for parking car parks and on-street bays had been suspended, in order to assist shoppers making journeys for essential supplies, and to alleviate on-street parking in busy residential areas. Dartford is the only Council in Kent to have waived all parking charges during the lockdown periods.
However, with the roadmap to recovery in full swing and the Council keen to support local shops and businesses in the town centre, the Council’s Cabinet agreed that parking charges for ALL on-street paid for parking bays & off-street paid for car park venues will resume from 21st June 2021.
New parking bays created in Market St., Overy Liberty and Lowfield Street will be paid for by mobile phone or at designated retail pay-points instead of pay and display machines, to ensure they are more Covid-secure. There is also new parking available in the Mansion House Garden car park (accessed from Overy Liberty).
This announcement on the resumption of charges relates to ALL paid for parking spaces throughout the Borough.
All of the Council's parking areas are patrolled in order to ensure they operate as intended, especially for short stay parking areas where the spaces are used by many vehicles throughout the course of a day.
Drivers should follow these simple rules in order to avoid receiving a parking fine (PCN):
- Park vehicles wholly within marked bays
- During the signed times, purchase a ticket from the pay-and-display machine and place it on the dashboard with the relevant price paid and expiry time legible through the windscreen unless the car park operates a ticketless system (Acacia Car Park & Mansion House Gardens Car Park)
- Register your parking event with Ringo, the Council's cashless parking service
- Use the Ringo Mobile Phone App
- Blue Badge holders are able to park for up to three hours without charge as long as their Blue Badge is valid and displayed correctly with the parking clock set at the time of arrival
- Some car parks have areas/bays designated for specific vehicle types and only those vehicle types may park in those areas/bays
Self-adhesive pay-and-display ticket holders are available from the Civic Centre for £1.00 each and these will assist in the correct displaying of a valid pay-and-display ticket.
Season Tickets are available for £60 per month in monthly intervals up to a maximum of twelve months. Season Tickets are available for the Council's car parks in Overy Street and at Acacia Car Park and provide significant cost savings for regular users. Acacia Car Park is a gated facility and the gate is open daily from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Apply for a Season Ticket using the Council's permit application service
Civic Centre Car Park
The Civic Centre car park is barrier controlled and is open to members of the public: Mondays to Fridays 5pm to 9pm; Saturdays 6am to 9pm; and Sundays 2pm to 6pm.